We all love Tuscan chicken and I make it from time to time. It’s a creamy treat that we enjoy when we are craving some comfort food. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and tastes like you spend hours in the kitchen. It’s a great treat to serve to our guests too.
Ingredients for Tuscan Chicken
Simple ingredients that are found in your pantry help make this delicious dinner.
Ingredients List for Tuscan Chicken
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup sundries tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
More Chicken Recipies you will Like:
Let’s start with the chicken.
- In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the breasts are too thick, I tend to slice them into halves, so they are of even thickness and cook evenly.
- Cook the chicken breasts on high heat for about 2-3 minutes then flip it over. The idea is to brown both sides of the chicken.
- Once it’s browned on both sides, remove it onto a plate and set aside.
The Sauce for Tuscan Chicken
Now that we have the chicken ready, we can get our simple, yet delicious sauce cooking.
- Finely chop 1 red onion and 2 garlic cloves.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan that you browned the chicken in.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the onion softens.
Adding the Sun Dried Tomatoes
Now that our onions are softened, we can add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes to the pan. I use the tomatoes that come in oil instead of the dried package. If the tomatoes are not sliced, then slice them into 1/4 inch length wise.
- Cook the tomatoes for about 1 minute and add the browned chicken back to the pan.
Adding Cream to the Tuscan Chicken
Now we can make the sauce creamy.
- Pour 1 and 1/4 cups of table cream into the pan. I use half and half, but you can use 18% table cream instead if you prefer a creamier sauce.
- Allow it to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add 2 cups of baby spinach to the pan. Mix and tuck the spinach into the cream.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of paprika onto the chicken and mix it in properly.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 5-7 minutes.
I absolutely love this Tuscan Chicken. I serve it with various options such as:
- with my toasted and buttered Italian bread.
- or with pasta such as linguini. Cook the pasta as per the package instructions and then add the Tuscan chicken on top and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- with creamy buttery polenta. That’s got to be my favourite. It adds to the creaminess of the Tuscan chicken.
Variation Options for Tuscan Chicken
I love this Tuscan chicken recipe, but I tend to vary it from time to time as well depending on what I have available at home:
- Although the original recipe calls for spinach, I often replace it with baby kale or even arugula.
- I love adding crimini mushrooms to this recipe. They add a great texture to the whole dish.
Tried and Liked the Recipe?
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and past the recipe to find the comment form. Please fill out details of what you liked and what you would like to see improved. Comments are loved! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed the recipe!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Tuscan ChickenCourse: EntreeCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
My Tuscan chicken is juicy, flavourful, creamy, and outright delicious! It’s flavoured with sun dried tomatoes, spinach, and parmesan cheese.
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup sundries tomatoes
1 1/2 cups cream
2 cups baby spinach
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan.
- Once the oil has heated up, add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown it for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip and brown on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Once browned, remove from the pan into a plate and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan that you cooked the chicken in.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the sun dried tomatoes to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and pour the cream into the pan.
- Allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and paprika to the pan and mix it in.
- Tuck the spinach under the cream and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy hot.
Tuscan chicken is made with a creamy sauce. It is comprised on sun dried tomatoes, spinach, lot of garlic, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Tuscan chicken is a cream sauce based chicken. It goes really well with Italian bread, or any crusty bread that can sop up the creamy sauce. It also pairs well with pasta such as linguini, or buttery polenta, or even risotto.
Tuscan chicken is made with a simple creamy sauce. It is flavoured with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, cream, parmesan, fresh ground black pepper, and some chili flakes.