I am always looking for ways to enjoy more vegetarian meals at home and these bean and corn tacos have become a favourite. They are perfect for any weeknight when I am tired and don’t want to put too much effort into standing in the kitchen. And the best thing is, the kids love them, so they are a win-win.
Ingredients for Bean and Corn Tacos
Simple ingredients that will turn into an amazing meal in no time.
Ingredients List for Bean and Corn Tacos
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chili (optional)
- 5 crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of thawed corn
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of ancho chili in adobo sauce
- fresh coriander for garnish
- 12 hard shell tacos
Other Vegan Recipes you will Like
Let’s get the bean and corn mixture ready for the tacos.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Finely chop 1 red onion and 1 red chili.
- Add the chopped onion and chili to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Roughly chop 5 mushrooms.
- Once the onions are cooked, add the chopped mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
The Bean and Corn
Now that the onions and mushrooms have cooked, we can add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 2 cups of black beans to the pan.
- Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add 1 cup of thawed corn to the pan and mix it in.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Spices for the Bean and Corn Taco Mix
Now we are ready to add the spices to the pan.
- Add salt to taste. I usually buy “no salt added” beans and so I add salt to taste to the pan.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Finally, add 1 tablespoon of ancho chili in adobo sauce. This will the bean and corn mix a natural smoky flavour.
- Mix everything in well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy your bean and corn tacos.
Now that we have our mixture ready, we are ready to enjoy our dinner.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander onto the mixture before serving.
- I love to serve the tacos with homemade guacamole. Add some to the bottom of the tacos before adding the bean and taco mix.
- My other favourite thing to add to the tacos is fresh homemade mango salsa. I find the freshness and sweetness of the mango goes really well with the salty earthy flavours of the bean and corn tacos.
Tried and Liked the Recipe?
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and past the recipe to find the comment form. Please fill out details of what you liked and what you would like to see improved. Comments are loved! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed the recipe!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Black Bean and Corn TacosCourse: EntreeCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
My black bean and corn tacos are a delicious, quick, and easy way to enjoy a vegan dinner. They are flavoured with the right amount of spiciness and have a natural delicious smokiness to them.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 red onion
1 red chili
5 crimini mushrooms
2 cups cooked black beans
1 cup thawed corn
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon ancho chili in adobo sauce
fresh coriander for garnish
12 hard shell tacos
guacamole for serving
salsa of choice for serving
other toppings of choice for serving
- Finely chop the red onion and red chili.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion and chili to the pan.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the black beans to the pan and mix them in.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the thawed corn to the pan and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin, and ancho chili to the pan.
- Mix and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and enjoy with toppings of choice.
I find black beans are the best for bean and corn tacos. They are earthy, hearty and hold their shape when boiled. But, you can use any beans of your choice for bean and corn tacos.
Generally, bean and corn taco mix is made with earthy spices such as paprika, cumin powder, and cayenne if you prefer it spicier. I like to add ancho chili in adobo sauce to my mix because this gives it a natural smoky flavour.