My family loves my healthy crunchy granola. I make it every once in a while and keep it in a large mason jar in the kitchen. Whenever the kids don’t know what to eat, be it for breakfast or snack they reach out for the granola. I am sure once you try it, you will enjoy it just as much as we do.
Ingredients for Healthy Granola
Put together some oats, some nuts, and some dried fruits and you have a delicious, crunchy, healthy granola.
Ingredients List for Healthy Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruits
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
More Breakfast Ideas you will Like
The Dry Ingredients
Let’s get cracking on making our crunchy granola.
- To a large bowl, add 2 cups of rolled oats. You can always use quick cook oats, but rolled ones are much better and healthier.
- Add 3/4 cup of raw mixed nuts to the bowl next. I use a mix of pecans and almonds in this recipe.
- Next comes 1/2 a cup of mixed dried fruits.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon to the bowl.
- Mix well, so the oats and nuts are well combined.
The Wet Ingredients
Now that we have the dried ingredients ready, we can add the wet to them.
- Add 1/4 cup of neutral oil to the bowl with the oat and nut mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of maple syrup next.
- Mix them both into the oat mix so that all the oats and nuts are well coated.
Baking the Crunchy Granola
Let’s get our granola baked and ready to enjoy:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Evenly spread the mixed granola onto the baking tray.
- Bake it for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool down completely.
- Using a spatula or your hands, break it down and enjoy your fresh healthy homemade granola.
Storing the Granola
I make a double batch generally and store it in an air tight mason jar. It keeps for up to 4 weeks on the counter if kept dry.
Variations for Crunchy Granola
There are various options for varying the recipe for my crunchy granola.
- Add seeds in place of nuts. I make it with pumpkin and sun flower seeds in place of pecans and almonds.
- Try making it with a mix of nuts and seeds.
- Replace the cranberries and raisins with dried blueberries, apricots, or even dates.
- Replace the vegetable oil with coconut oil for a more fragrant granola.
- Add 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut to the recipe for added flavour.
Tried and Liked the Recipe?
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and past the recipe to find the comment form. Please fill out details of what you liked and what you would like to see improved. Comments are loved! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed the recipe!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Healthy Granola RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
My healthy granola recipe is made with natural ingredients and no artificial sweeteners. It is perfect for a guilt-free snack or breakfast.
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup mixed nuts
1/2 cup mixed dried fruits
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add oats, nuts, dried fruit, salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add the oil and maple syrup into it and mix again so everything is coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pour and spread the granola onto the parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Allow it to cool down completely then break it apart.
- Store in an air tight container.
There could be various reasons why your granola is not crunchy. Some of these are that it could be that you have too much liquid sweetener in the mix. Or it could be that you did not bake it for long enough.
Although granola contains oats, the granola is baked, so the ingredients are already cooked. All you need to do is grab a spoon and enjoy it.
We enjoy granola with milk or with yogurt. Add it to fresh milk to enjoy a healthy breakfast. Add it to yogurt and enjoy a perfect parfait for snack.