Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable. I use it for so many things and this raw zucchini salad with bocconcini is so popular in our house. With summer comes the abundance of this squash and it’s hard to resist using the fresh fruit as it. No cooking is involved. The salad is ready to be enjoyed in less than the time it takes to boil some pasta.
The Ingredients for Raw Zucchini Salad
One main ingredient and a few extras will get you this colourful, and delicious salad.
The Ingredients List for Raw Zucchini Salad:
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1/2 cup of fresh bocconcini
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- a few fresh basil leaves
- a handful of pomegranate seeds (optional)
Preparing the Zucchini
Wash your zucchini well and dry it using a kitchen towel. Zucchini sometimes has sand stuck on it, so it’s important to wash it well. Using a peeler, make strips with the zucchini. It’s just a matter of peeling away at the zucchini to get strips. Use a sharp knife to slice the zucchini once you get to a point where you can’t peel anymore.
Place the zucchini in a large salad bowl. Drain the bocconcini and chop it into pieces. I use the mini bocconcini and chop it into quarters. Add that to the bowl as well. Reserve a few pieces of the bocconcini on the side for adding to the top of the salad. When it’s ready, the white color on top of the salad makes the salad look fresher and more tempting, but this is totally optional.
Now we can add the pumpkin seeds to the bowl as well. Again, I reserve a few to put on top of the salad once it’s ready to be served. This too is optional. In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, oil, pepper, and salt using a hand whisk or a fork. Add that to the bowl and mix everything together. Finely chop the basil leaves and add them to the bowl. Mix everything well to form a salad.
Place the zucchini salad onto a serving platter or serve in the salad bowl as is. Add the reserved bocconcini and pumpkin seeds to the top of the salad. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds for colour and added flavour. Serve cold.
Tried and Liked the Recipe?
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and past the recipe to find the comment form. Please fill out details of what you liked and what you would like to see improved. Comments are loved! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed the recipe!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Raw Zucchini Salad with BocconciniCourse: SaladCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
This simple raw zucchini salad with bocconcini is one of the best ways to enjoy summer’s bounty. Flavourful and healthy, it’s the best side dish for any barbecue.
2 green zucchini
2 yellow zucchini
1/2 cup of fresh bocconcini
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
a handful of pomegranate seeds (optional)
a few fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash both green and yellow zucchini well. Using a peeler, form spirals with the zucchini.
- Chop your bocconcini into small pieces. Reserve a few pieces for topping the salad.
- Finely chop the basil.
- Add all the ingredients into a salad bowl and mix everything together. Add the pumpkin seeds to the bowl as well. Reserve a few
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, oil, pepper, and salt using a hand whisk or a fork.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad bowl and mix so that the zucchini is well coated.
- Place the salad onto a platter and add the reserved bocconcini and pumpkin seeds to the top. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds to the top for a pop of colour and flavour.