The Perfect 2-in-1 Cookie Pie
This two-in-one cookie pie is the perfect dessert for a gathering. Crunchy and golden brown on the outside and gooey from the middle, it will melt in your mouth.
Who doesn’t like cookies? We all love them. So, why not make a perfect 2-in-1 cookie pie that will be a guaranteed crowd pleaser. And best of all, two different types in one. We all love cookies in this house and make them all the time. We don’t need an excuse to make them. I love cookies with nuts and the kids love theirs with chocolate chips, so I have made a cookie with both things in it.
My recipe for a large cookie divided into two parts follows below. One part is a chocolate chip cookie with pecans and the second is a s’mores cookie.
The Ingredients for the Perfect 2-in-1 Cookie Pie
The usual cookie ingredients, but in a gooey pie format that makes for the best chocolate chip cookies, everyone will love.
The list of ingredients for Perfect 2-in-1 Cookie Pie
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans bits
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Other Snack Recipes you will Like:
The Cookie Dough
Let’s start by making the cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl, let us add the room temperature butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. If your butter isn’t soft enough, you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds until it is softened.
Using a manual hand whisk or an electric mixer, whip the butter and sugars together for about 2- 3 mins so that they are homogeneously combined. Since the butter is soft, it shouldn’t take any time at all. Next, add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and whisk for another 1 to 2 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. I use a sieve to sift everything. There should be no lumps in the dry ingredients. Use a sieve in order to mix all the dry ingredients together. Add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and use a spatula to mix everything to form a cookie dough.
Adding the Extras to the Perfect 2-in-1 Cookie Pie
Now that we have the cookie dough, we can add our nuts and chips. Divide the cookie dough into two equal parts. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows to one half and using a spatula. Mix to evenly distribute them. This will be for the s’mores cookie. Prepare a pie dish by liberally buttering it. My pie dish has ruffled edges to it. I butter all of the edges well so that once the the cookie pie is baked, it slips out easily.
Add the first half of the cookie mix into the pie dish and evenly spread it around as well as tuck the cookie dough properly into the ruffled edges.
Now, add the pecans and the mint chocolate chips to the second half of the cookie dough. Using the spatula evenly distribute the nuts and chips into the dough. I love the flavor of the mint chocolate chips. If you don’t have mint chocolate chips, you can always use regular chocolate chips a well as a 1/4 teaspoon of mint essence. But if you are not a lover of mint, skip them altogether and just add regular chocolate chips.
Baking the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the cookie for 20-25 minutes. The cookie pie should still be a little soft on the inside. Once you remove it from the oven, it will continue to cook for a little bit as it cools. Removing the pie from the oven when it’s still a little soft will ensure that that happens.
Let it cool completely in the pie dish and serve it with a side of vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee. You will be a rock star in all your guests’ minds.
- Make half of it into a chocolate cookie. Add 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder to half the mix and watch it turn into a dark chocolatey delight.
- Replace your pecans with Macadamia nuts. Macadamias are such a delightful creamy nut and perfect for this.
- Make it into a Peanut Butter deliciousness. Add 4 tablespoons of peanut butter to half the mix and watch everyone drool.
If you like the recipe please leave a comment below. Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
The Perfect Two-in-One Cookie PieCourse: DessertCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
This two-in-one cookie pie is the perfect dessert for a gathering. Crunchy and golden brown on the outside and gooey in the middle, it will melt in your mouth.
3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans bits
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using a hand whisk or a mixer, whisk for about 2-3 mins till the sugar gets combined with the butter and gets a little creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for about a min so that the egg gets whipped and combined with the butter, and sugar mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Add to the bowl with the wet ingredients and using a spatula combine everything to form a cookie dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into two equal parts.
- To the first half, add the mint chocolate chips and the pecans, and using the spatula, mix them into the dough.
- To the second half, add the marshmallows and chocolate chips, and using the spatula, mix them into the dough.
- Prepare a pie dish by buttering it liberally. Add the first half of the dough onto one side of the pie plate, evenly spreading it and ensuring that the dough is properly tucked into the circular bits of the pie dish.
- Place the second half of the dough and evenly spread it on the second side of the dish, again ensuring that there are no gaps left. (If you like, add a line on the cookie with the back of a knife, just so you know where the separation line is once the cookie is baked.
- Bake the pie for about 20-25 mins. The pie should still be a little moist in the center when you pull it out of the oven, so that by the time it cools down, the outside is crunchy, but the inside is still gooey. Let it cool down completely in the pie dish.
- It can be stored in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
I made this for a friends birthday and everyone loved it.
I am so glad you enjoyed the cookie. We love it too.
This is a delicious recipe and great idea.
Isn’t it just great! My kids love it and it’s so popular for pot-lucks.
This is such a delicious and simple recipe. I made it for a picnic we had with friends and everyone was in love and wanted the recipe.
Thank you! So glad everyone liked it. Enjoy!