These healthy grilled chicken wraps are so versatile. You can basically put any kind of fresh crunchy vegetable into them. Add as many or as few vegetables as you like. They make a great lunch or after school snack for the kids. I love taking these for lunch to work myself.
The Ingredients for Healthy Grilled Chicken Wraps
Slice 8 grilled chicken thighs into 1/2 inch slices. Wash and pat dry some baby spinach. You can use regular spinach, arugula, mixed greens, lettuce, or whichever green you like.
The Ingredients List:
- 8 grilled chicken thighs (recipe here)
- 4 whole wheat large tortilla wraps
- 1 yellow sweet pepper (you can use red or orange)
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves (or arugula)
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons of herb and garlic cream cheese (you can use any type of cheese of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
More Snack Recipes you will Like:
How to Cut an Avocado
Core and slice sweet yellow peppers into 1/2 inch slices. Slice an avocado into 1/2 inch slices. The best way to slice an avocado is to cut the avocado into 1/2. Twist it slightly to separate the two halves. Pull them apart. One side will come off without the pit and the other half will have the pit attached to it. Take a good sharp knife and with a slight force, cut it into the pit. Turn the pit with the knife till it loosens from the avocado and can be pulled out.
The Avocado and Cheese
Now you have two halves of avocado with no pit and the skin on. Slice the avocado in the skin and then peel the skin off so you have just the avocado slices. Alternatively, you can peel all of the skin off and then slice the avocado.
I use herb and garlic cream cheese for mine, but you can use any kind of cheese – like cheddar, provolone, fresh mozzarella, or my favourite Havarti.
Making the Healthy Grilled Chicken Wraps
Heat a skillet or a non-stick pan on medium heat.
Take a large whole wheat (or white, or gluten free) tortilla wrap and spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on the wrap. Then place 1/4 of the spinach on it. You can add the vegetables and chicken in any order but I use the order that has worked best for me. Once the spinach is on, add the grilled chicken to it.
Next add the sweet yellow, red or orange peppers. You can skip the peppers altogether if you don’t like them. My daughter doesn’t like cooked peppers, so I skip peppers from hers and give them to her on the side and she loves that.
And finally, add avocado and hot sauce on top of all that. Again, you can skip the avocado. My husband is not a big fan of avocados, so I skip them for him. That is why I love these healthy grilled chicken and vegetable wraps. They can be customized to each person and you can add or skip anything you don’t like.
Now it’s time to the tortilla into a healthy grilled chicken and vegetable wrap. Start by rolling each side in towards the center. Then roll the bottom of the wrap towards the middle too.
Now gently fold the wrap to form a pillow shape. Be careful not to push down on it too much or else you will rip the tortilla. They are soft after all.
Now that you have the folded pillow, let’s place the wrap on the heated skillet or non stick pan. Make sure it’s not too hot or else the tortilla wrap will burn and not taste too good. If you are not sure if your skillet is warm enough, you can check it by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If the water sizzles, you know the pan is ready. You can put a little butter on the skillet if you like to brown the healthy grilled chicken and vegetable wrap a little more.
We love these healthy grilled chicken wraps and enjoy them so often. Try serving them:
Tried and Liked the Recipe?
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and past the recipe to find the comment form. Please fill out details of what you liked and what you would like to see improved. Comments are loved! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed the recipe!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Healthy Grilled Chicken WrapsCourse: EntreeCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
Tired of having sandwiches? Try my healthy grilled chicken wraps. They are filled with delicious grilled chicken and crunchy vegetables.
8 grilled chicken thighs (recipe here)
4 whole wheat large tortilla wraps
1 yellow sweet pepper (you can use red or orange)
1 cup of baby spinach leaves (or arugula)
4 tablespoons of herb and garlic cream cheese (you can use any type of cheese of your choice)
1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Heat a skillet or nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Cut the grilled chicken thighs into 1/2 inch strips.
- Slice the yellow pepper into 1/2 inch strips.
- Slice the avocado into 1/2 inch strips.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese close to the bottom of one wrap.
- Place 1/4 cup of baby spinach on the cream cheese.
- Then place the chicken on the baby spinach.
- Now place the yellow pepper strips on top of the spinach.
- Finally, put the avocado slices and pour or spread some hot sauce on top.
- Now it’s time to turn the tortilla into a healthy grilled chicken and vegetable wrap. Start by wrapping both sides towards to center of the tortilla. Then fold the bottom of the wrap and then make it into a pillow.
- Once you form a pillow, put it face down on the warm skillet / pan. Cook all sides until the tortilla wrap is browned on all sides.
- Repeat steps 5 – 11 three more times until you are done with all 4 wraps.
- Enjoy warm with a side of pickles or cornichon.
- – Try using tofu, halloumi cheese or paneer instead of chicken for a vegetarian version. The same recipe can be used for grilling the tofu or paneer.
– Use a gluten free wrap for a gluten free version.