Making delicious beef burgers at home is so easy and so much fun. My son loves his burgers. Any time I ask him what he would like for dinner, his response, more often than not, is “Burgers!” It was starting to get expensive to buy him burgers every week, and I had to learn to make good burgers. Now we all enjoy these mouthwatering delicious beef burgers at home although I specifically, make them to his liking.
The Ingredients for Delicious Beef Burgers:
Basically, all it takes is some ground beef, some herbs, and some spices to make these delicious beef patties.
Ingredients List for Delicious Beef Burgers:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 whole free range egg
- salt and pepper to taste
More Entrees you will Like:
Making the Beef Burger Patties
In order to make good beef burgers, we need to start with making delicious patties:
- Firstly, finely chop one small red onion.
- Secondly, seed and finely chop one jalapeno chili pepper.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of dehydrated parsley
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- and 1 whole egg.
- Combine and mix the ingredients well, so that the spices mix evenly with the beef and the patties taste good with every bite.
Making the Delicious Beef Burgers
Now that the ground beef mixture is ready, we can start making the patties:
- Divide the mix into 6 even balls and press them to form 6 patties.
- If you prefer bigger patties you can make 4 instead of 6. We like thin patties, so I make 6. You can make them as thick or thin as you like.
- One thing to note is that the patties shrink once cooked – the juices from the beef ooze out and dry as the patty cooks.
Baking the Delicious Beef Burgers
I like to bake my burger patties during the winter months when the barbeque is out of commission. To do that:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a 9x 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a cookie rack on the parchment paper. I place the patties on a cookie rack because this allows the juices from the burgers to flow out and not make the bottom of the patties soggy. It also gives them the illusion of having been cooked on a barbecue because it leaves lines on the burgers as the barbecue does.
- Finally, bake them for about 15 – 20 mins (depending on how rare or well done you like them). We like our patties well done, so I cook them for about 20 mins. Each oven is different so baking times differ a little bit.
Resting the Delicious Burger Patties
Once the delicious beef burgers are ready, turn the oven off and remove them. Let them sit on the rack for about 2 mins. While the burgers are resting, put your buns in the still hot oven and warm or toast them a bit.
Once they are done resting, serve these mouthwatering delicious beef burgers on the toasted bun with all your favourite toppings.
- I fry up some red onions and mushrooms to top the burgers and serve them with freshly home baked fries or sweet potato fries.
Can I freeze Beef Burger Patties?
Yes! I love making a large batch and freezing the burger patties for another day.
- Wrap each beef patty in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Place them in a container.
- Freeze them for up to 1 month.
Tried and Liked the Recipe?
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and past the recipe to find the comment form. Please fill out details of what you liked and what you would like to see improved. Comments are loved! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed the recipe!
Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter.
Delicious Beef BurgersCourse: EntreeCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Mouth watering beef burgers that can be baked in the oven or barbecued to perfection and enjoyed any day of the week.
2 lbs ground beef
1 small red onion
1 jalapeno pepper (seeded)
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 whole free range egg
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside while you make the patties.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Seed and finely chop the jalapeno pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, onion, jalapeno pepper, paprika, dehydrated parsley, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide the beef into 6 even balls. Flatten each ball to form a patty.
- Place the patties on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins. Turn the patties halfway through the cooking process, so they cook evenly.
- Let the patties rest for 2 or so minutes before you serve them.
- Enjoy on a bun or by themselves with a side salad or fries or both.
The secret to any delicious beef burger is a delicious patty. I make mine by combining:
– 2 lbs ground beef
– 1 small red onion
– 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded)
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
– 1 whole free range egg
– salt and pepper to taste
There are SO many options when it comes to toppings for beef burgers.
– fried onions
– fried bacon
– sauteed peppers
– crispy fried jalapenos
– cheese of choice
To ensure your beef burger remains juicy after cooking:
– DO NOT use lean ground beef. The best patties are made with beef that has good fat in them.
– try not to overcook it.
– allow it to cool down and reabsorb the juices.