No barbecue, no worries! These divine oven-grilled chicken thighs are just as delicious baked and you will not miss a barbecue. During the winter months when we can’t barbecue these thighs, I bake them in the oven and get the same texture and taste. Using a cookie rack on the baking tray helps create the barbecued grating on the thighs and allows them to get crispy and delicious.
My divine oven-grilled chicken thighs are one of the easiest things to make. They can be enjoyed with a warm potato salad, with a green salad as a protein, or in a grilled chicken wrap. There are so many uses for the same chicken thighs.
The Ingredients for Oven Grilled Chicken Thighs
Ingredients List for Oven Grilled Chicken Thighs:
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (or Mirin)
- 2 tablespoons Thai style sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
More Chicken Recipes you will Like:
Marinating the Chicken Thighs
In a large mixing bowl combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon dehydrated parsley, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 2 tablespoons Thai Style sweet chili sauce.
Add all 8 chicken thighs to the sauce and mix well. Ensure that all of the chicken thighs have been properly coated with the sauce. This will mean that each of the thighs will taste the same. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for up to an hour.
Baking the oven-grilled chicken thighs
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Line a 9×13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and place a 9×13 inch cookie rack on it. Place the marinated chicken thighs on the cookie rack. Placing the thighs on a cookie rack allows the juices from the chicken to drip on the parchment paper and collect there. This helps prevent the chicken from getting soggy.
Bake the chicken for 20-25 mins. Each oven is different, so the timing will vary. After about 15 mins, turn the chicken over once to allow it to cook and crisp evenly on both sides. Turning it over also means that both sides of the chicken thighs will get the markings from the cookie tray and enhance the look as well.
Let the baked chicken thighs rest for a couple of mins before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley or coriander and enjoy with a side of your choice. Try having them with my side of delicious warm potato salad.
Oven-Grilled Chicken ThighsCourse: EntreeCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
No barbecue, no worries. These divine oven grilled chicken thighs will leave you satisfied and wanting more and you will not miss the bbq.
8 boneless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (or Mirin)
2 tablespoons Thai style sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and set aside. Marinate the chicken thighs for up to 1 hr.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place a cookie rack on the tray. this part is critical so that the chicken thighs do not get soggy. The cookie rack keeps the chicken thighs slightly raised and when the juices ooze out of the chicken the thighs stay dry. This also allows the chicken to get the crispiness that it would if grilled on the barbecue.
- Place all 8 chicken thighs on the cookie rack.
- Bake for 25 mins. Turn the thighs once after about 15 mins or so. This allows both sides to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with fresh finely chopped parsley and serve with a warm potato salad or fries or both.
- – The same chicken can be grilled on a barbecue and will taste divine.
– You can marinate the chicken and freeze it in an air tight container for up to 1 month.
- – Have leftover grilled chicken? Try my grilled chicken wraps.